Simulation Models of PCM Storage UnitsReport C5 of Subtask C
March 2008 - PDF 1.7MB
Editor: Wolfgang Streicher
In the course of IEA SHC Task 32 the following simulation models were developed:
- Two tank heat storage models with PCM containers of different shapes (plates, cylinders, spheres) with variable size and number (Type 840 and Type 860). Different PCMs can be chosen and the models include the subcooling and the hysteresis behavior of the PCM.
- In the Type 860 of Bony (HEIVG) the internal heat transfer by convection in the liquid PCM is accounted for.
- The tank model of Heinz and Puschnig (IWT, Type 840) can also be filled completely with PCM slurry that can be used as heat carrier
- One model (Type 841) OF Heinz (IWT) with an immersed heat exchanger into a PCM container
- One tank model (Type 185 of Schultz, DTU) for seasonal heat storage with PCM in subcooled state