The SHC Solar Award celebrates the work of those committed to increasing the expansion of this renewable energy source.
2024 Call for Nominations Open!
The SHC Solar Award of the IEA Solar Heating and Cooling Programme (IEA SHC) celebrates the success of those working to increase the market impact of solar heating and cooling technologies.
This year’s recipient will have demonstrated substantial achievement and measurable impact from a program or project executed in the last 5 years (2024-2020) to deploy solar heating and cooling technology to reduce the costs and environmental impact of providing heating or cooling in an industrial process or processes.
Nominations can be for an individual or organization responsible for implementing a program or project that resulted in reduced costs and emissions by utilizing solar technologies for heating and cooling. The nomination may be from an individual business, business consortium, regional, provincial or national entity, or an associated entity (e.g., developer, designer, builder).
Nominating an individual or organization is easy with our online submission form:
Nominations due April 15, 2024
AWARD CEREMONY & SELECTION PROCESS
The 2024 Award will be presented during the EuroSun 2024 conference on August 26-30 at Limossal, Cyprus. The award recipient will receive free conference registration and a travel stipend.
The nomination may be from an individual business, business consortium, regional, provincial or national entity, or an associated entity (e.g., developer, designer, builder).
The winner will be selected and all the nominees notified in June 2024.
- An international panel of judges from the IEA Solar Heating and Cooling Programme will review the nominations and select the winner. A shortlist of the top nominations will be recognized on the IEA SHC website.
- Effectiveness of the solar heating and cooling project in reducing the costs and environmental impact of providing heating or cooling in an industrial process or processes.
- Measurable impact in terms of conventional energy and cost savings and CO2 reduction
- Effective promotion as an exemplary project to encourage replication.
To learn more and see the past winners see below.
About the International Energy Agency’s Solar Heating and Cooling Programme (IEA SHC)
- IEA SHC was established in 1977.
- Its objectives are co-operative research, development, demonstration and exchange of information regarding solar heating and cooling systems.
- 19 countries, the European Commission and eight organizations are IEA SHC members.
- Additional information: www.iea-shc.org
IEA SHC Information Center: Pam Murphy, email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS – April 15, 2024